- Fazekas is not a boarding school,
- Specialised mathematical classes from grade 7 to 12 (age 12-18)
- number of math lessons/week in the 6 years 5+5+8+8+7+7 (each lesson is 45 minutes
Some important aspects:
- You need good students who are willing to learn math.
- You need teachers who are good both in maths and teaching.
- You need good curricula, teaching material, problem sets.
Some important principles:
- We do not teach formulas, methods directly. We try to discover as many things with the students as we can.
- We do not teach university math material earlier. Our curricula is wider and deeper then the normal secondary one.
- Focus is on how to prove statements, theorems and how to solve problems.
This year we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the specialised math classes at Fazekas. I can imagine a nice cooperation with the UK math schools, we might share our experience and give help.